The Second Meeting of the Moscow Commercial Litigators’ Forum for Moscow’s Leading Law Firms in conjunction with the New York and London Commercial Litigators Forum
- Improve and promote social interaction between professional colleagues.
- Encourage the informal discussion of litigation related issues affecting the legal profession and the court system.
- Set up channels of communication with the judiciary.
- Work in conjunction with other established bodies such as the International Bar Association.
Topics to be covered:
- Prospects of upholding of the previous Supreme Commercial Court opinions in the lower commercial courts.
- Preserving transparency in the Supreme Commercial Court, particularly when issuing opinions and court practice reviews that are binding in the lower courts.
- Organizational and methodological issues of reform in the higher courts.
- Developing the practice of recognising and enforcing international arbitrations awards, in particular assessing the “good faith” of Russian defendants and judicial implementation of the “good faith” principle.
Bevzenko Roman Sergeevich,
Head of the Private law division of the Supreme commercial court of the Russian Federation
Hosted by White & Case
Date: Thursday, 24 April 2014
Time: Breakfast, 8:00am – 8:15am Meeting, 8:15am – 9:10am
Venue: 4 Romanov Pereulok, 6th floor
Please RSVP to Daria Shevchenko on: email@example.com or +7 495 645 4972
For your information: the Russian Arbitration Association Conference will also take place on 24 April 2014 in Moscow.