A short virtual reception was held on 8th December 2021 to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Commercial Court of England and Wales as well as the launch of a new Guide to In House Pro Bono, produced by the GC100 and In House Pro Bono Group. The new Guide can be accessed online here.
Hosted on Zoom and with a short keynote from the Solicitor General, Alex Chalk QC MP, attendees gathered to reflect on the year and look forward to a busy calendar for the CLF in 2022.
The reception featured remarks from:
- Solicitor General, Alex Chalk QC MP
- Rosemary Martin, previous GC100 Chair, Group General Counsel, Vodafone
- Deborah Smith, Co-founder In House Pro Bono Group, Senior Counsel, Goldman Sachs
- Robert Hanna, MD, Augusta Ventures, Event Sponsor
- Jenny Seymour, British Paralympic Association
- Mr Justice Robin Knowles, Chairman, National Pro Bono Centre
- Damien Byrne Hill, Chair CLF Directory Committee, Managing Partner Disputes, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Hilton Mervis, Chair, Commercial Litigators’ Forum, Head Commercial Dispute Resolution, Arnold & Porter
All key CLF law firms attended.
Watch a recording of the event below: